Information for Applicants
DOSCEL Secretariat - Finance Officer
The Director of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Sale is seeking to appoint a Finance Officer. The appointee will be responsible to the Director of Catholic Education through the Chief Financial Officer.
This position shares the aim of all DOSCEL staff to deliver the highest quality educational opportunities and outcomes for every student in every school in the diocese. The purpose of this role is to assist with the financial functions of DOSCEL and DOSCEL Secretariat including providing administrative and financial support to the Financial Accountant and Chief Financial Officer.
DOSCEL Secretariat directs and serves 38 primary schools and 7 secondary schools in the Diocese of Sale. The Diocese spans metropolitan, regional and rural areas between Narre Warren and Cranbourne in the west of the Diocese, to Wonthaggi in the south and Orbost in the east.
This position is based at Sion House, 6 Witton Street, Warragul, approximately a 90-minute drive from the Melbourne CBD. The DOSCEL Secretariat has a staff of approximately 90 who provide a wide range of leadership and support services to schools.
Key Selection Criteria:
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the ethos, values and mission of Catholic education
• A commitment to Child Safety
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel applications
• Sound financial accounting skills and experience with financial databases
• Strong interpersonal skills including:
ability to work as part of a team to achieve both individual and team objectives
communication, process management and problem-solving skills
demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including principals and school staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Certificate IV in Accounting or Business, and/or relevant experience
• Extensive experience with accounting or bookkeeping functions
• Experience with MYOB Account Right and Greentree software would be an advantage, but is not essential
• Experience in an educational environment would be an advantage, but is not essential
• A current Victorian driver Licence would be an advantage, but not essential.
• CEO Administration Employee Level 3
Salary and Benefits:
• The commencing salary will be in the range of $74,333.
• Four weeks’ Annual Leave is provided, with Purchased Leave options for additional leave.
• Flexible Workplace, Working from Home and Salary Packaging arrangements are available to staff of DOSCEL.
• Full-time and ongoing
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Commencement Date: Negotiable
• A Position Description, Instructions for Applicants, Application Form, Confidential Referee Assessment Form and other relevant information may be downloaded below.
• Three confidential referee assessments are required.
• Please return the completed Application Form, together with your Letter of Application, response to key selection criteria and a copy of your Resume by 4.00 pm Monday 17 May 2021.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
Enquiries may be directed to Industrial Relations / Human Resources via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Industrial Relations / Human Resources and addressed to:
Ms Maria Kirkwood
Director of Catholic Education – Diocese of Sale
PO Box 322
WARRAGUL VIC 3820
Closing Date: 4.00 pm Monday 17 May 2021
Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children