Information for applicants
Catholic Education in the Diocese of Sale is a vital expression of the mission of the Church and is owned and operated by Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited (DOSCEL).
The Diocese covers thirty-seven primary and seven secondary schools from Cranbourne and Narre Warren in the west of the Diocese, to Wonthaggi in the south and Orbost in the east. Through the partnership of schools with families, parishes, religious institutes and DOSCEL, our schools play a leading role in nurturing the faith of children and youth and developing their intellectual, physical, emotional and social knowledge, skills and attributes.
The Director of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Sale is seeking to appoint a Policy Officer. The appointee will be responsible to the Director of Catholic Education through the Executive Manager: Industrial Relations / Human Resources.
This position shares the aim of all DOSCEL staff to deliver the highest quality educational opportunities and outcomes for every student in every school in the Diocese. The purpose of this role is to contribute to the development and continual improvement of strategic policies and procedures relevant to DOSCEL.
DOSCEL directs and serves 38 primary schools and seven secondary schools in the Diocese of Sale. The Diocese spans metropolitan, regional and rural areas between Narre Warren and Cranbourne in the west of the Diocese, to Wonthaggi in the south and Orbost in the east.
This position is based at Sion House, 6 Witton Street, Warragul, approximately a 90-minute drive from the Melbourne CBD. Sion House has a staff of approximately 90 who provide a wide range of leadership and support services to schools.
Key Selection Criteria:
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the ethos, values and mission of Catholic education.
• A commitment to Child Safety.
• Knowledge and experience in policy development and implementation of policy initiatives and programs.
• Understanding of legislative processes and ability to interpret and apply legislation.
• Strong interpersonal skills including:
- ability to work as part of a team to achieve both individual and team objectives
- communication, process management and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including principals, business managers and school staff.
• Ability to operate effectively and balance a range of priorities and expectations for competing deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A degree or diploma in a relevant field, and/or relevant experience.
• Experience in the education sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
• A Victorian driver licence is required as a component of travel is required in this role.
Salary and Benefits:
• The salary will be $108,160.
• Four weeks’ Annual Leave is provided, with Purchased Leave Options for additional leave.
• Flexible Workplace, Working from Home and Salary Packaging arrangements are available to staff of DOSCEL.
• Full-time and ongoing.
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Commencement Date: 26 April 2021 or negotiable.
• A Position Description, Instructions for Applicants, Application Form, Confidential Referee Assessment Form and other relevant information may be downloaded below.
• Three confidential referee assessments are required.
• Please return the completed Application Form, together with your Letter of Application, response to key selection criteria and a copy of your Resume by 4.00 pm Monday 15 March 2021.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
Enquiries may be directed to Industrial Relations / Human Resources via email email@example.com
Applications should be marked to the attention of Industrial Relations / Human Resources and addressed to:
Ms Maria Kirkwood
Director of Catholic Education – Diocese of Sale
PO Box 322
WARRAGUL VIC 3820
Closing Date: 4.00 pm Monday 15 March 2021.