Permanent, full-time role based in historic Sion House in Warragul, a short walk from the Warragul Railway Station and a commutable distance from Melbourne.
· Join a not-for-profit organisation and meaningfully contribute to excellence in the education of children and young people.
· Competitive salary in the range of $90,217 to $102,761 per annum plus superannuation.
· Generous conditions including salary packaging and purchased leave options.
The governing organisation, Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited (DOSCEL), directs and serves thirty-eight primary and five secondary schools in the Diocese of Sale which spans regional and rural areas between Cranbourne and Narre Warren in the west of the Diocese, Wonthaggi in the south and Orbost in the east. DOSCEL’s aim is to deliver the highest quality educational opportunities and outcomes for every student in every school in the Diocese.
At DOSCEL, you will enjoy a compassionate and supportive workplace, where you will be genuinely valued and respected as a person. With this and our friendly and collegial culture, you will feel a sense of real belonging, which will motivate you to perform your best work. The rewarding nature of the work and the opportunities for both personal and professional growth will ensure that you remain stimulated and engaged in your role.
About the Role
DOSCEL is seeking a Senior Payroll Officer who is passionate about strategising and continuously improving payroll services in order to give back to the community.
As a Senior Payroll Officer, you will contribute to the coordination of centralised payroll and human resource functions for DOSCEL schools.
As a Senior Payroll Officer, you will demonstrate the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description, including but not limited to:
· A commitment to the ethos, values and mission of Catholic education.
· A demonstrated commitment to and understanding of child protection and child safety issues in schools.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in payroll/human resources functions.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills including:
- the ability to work as part of a team to achieve both individual and team objectives
- communication, process management and problem-solving skills
- a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
· The ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including principals and school staff.
How to Apply
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please forward your queries to Industrial Relations/Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit the DOSCEL Website. Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume as outlined in the Instructions for Applicants.
Applications close on Wednesday 4 October 2023 at 4.00 pm.
Instructions for Applicants
DOSCEL Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
DOSCEL Code of Conduct
DOSCEL Statement of Principles regarding Catholic Education.
DOSCEL is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified people. When required, we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our people.
DOSCEL is a child safe organisation. We require successful applicants to obtain and maintain satisfactory National Police Certificates and Employee Working with Children Checks or Victorian Institute of Teaching registrations.