Catholic Education Awards Announced
19 June 2020
Educators and students from across Gippsland and Melbourne’s south-east have been recognised for their dedication with Diocese of Sale Catholic Education awards.
Spirit of Catholic Education Awards
The Spirit of Catholic Education Award for Inspiring Learning is awarded for a significant contribution to student learning.
• Mr Julian Blackford, Immaculate Heart of Mary Primary School - Newborough
• Mr Peter Collingwood, St Francis Xavier College - Berwick
The Spirit of Catholic Education Award for Inspiring Faith is awarded for a significant contribution to the development of students’ faith lives.
• Mr Michael Hall, Marist Sion College - Warragul
Service Awards are presented to staff members who have provided at least 25 years of service to Catholic Education in Australia.
• Dr Angela Kelly - St Michael’s Primary School, Berwick
• Mr Dean Hendrikse - Marist-Sion College, Warragul
• Ms Debra Robson - Marist-Sion College, Warragul
• Mrs Helen Davine - Marist-Sion College, Warragul
• Mrs Judith Clarisse - St Michael’s Primary School, Berwick
• Ms Judy Whiteside - Marist-Sion College, Warragul
Daniel Ahern Bursary
The Daniel Ahern Bursary provides financial support for non-teaching staff training to become qualified educators
• Brianna Scrivener - St Agatha’s Primary School, Cranbourne
• Miranda Ryan - Trinity Primary School, Narre Warren South
Catholic Bishop of Sale Religious Education Awards
This award recognises the efforts of students who achieved study scores of 40+ in their VCE religious studies in the previous year.
2020 Award recipients
• Rachel Willig - Marist-Sion College, Warragul
• Roni Corby - Nagle College, Bairnsdale
The annual awards would usually be presented during Catholic Education Week in May, but due to COVID-19 restrictions, recipients of this year’s Catholic Education Awards will be recognised at a special Eucharist at St Joseph’s Church, Warragul, in Term 4.